OpenEditor is a free (licensed under the GNU GPL) text editor for developers
(particularly for oracle developers and DBAs). It is really powerful,
very easy and intuitive to use. It can be built with MS VC 2003. The
program is developed and tested under Windows 2000/XP/2003 and it should
work with Vista/Windows 7 including 64-bit.
It's created for SQLTools needs but it can be useful as a standalone
- Ability to handle big files (>1000000 lines and >100MB),
especially with memory mapped files option on.
- virtually unlimited line size (2Gb).
- MDI with multiple views for one file.
- Powerful highlighting for PL/SQL, XML, C++, ....
- Columnar text selection.
- Color & B/W printing.
- Match searching for PL/SQL (BEGIN/EXCEPTION/END).
- Regular expression in text searching and replacement.
- Keymap customization.
- Syntax templates.
- File browser
Not implemented yet
- External tools/compilers support
- Grep, diff, Ctags support
- PL/SQL Code navigator
© 2001-2011, Aleksey Kochetov
Page last updated October 23, 2011